Job Description (AD & Exchange):
* Ability to interpret server operational characteristics, accurately determines the presence of a problem, and identifies possible solutions.
* Active Directory (Windows 200x preferred Windows 2008/2k8 R2):
*Windows 2008 R2 Active Directory including Group Policy Object creation and management, AD migration and backup/recovery best practices
*Strong understanding of configuring and supporting Microsoft Windows OS technology including AD Forests, Domains, Trusts, DNS, Organizational Units, Sites, GPOs, Users & Groups and Computer Management in a Multi Forest, Multi Domain Enterprise environment.
* File & Print Sharing in complex environments, Clustered DFS, drive and print mapping scripts, etc.
Knowledge of Trust relationships between domains and Forests; Forest and Domain Functional Levels, FSMO Roles etc.
* Working experience with Microsoft Hyper-V and/or VMware ESXi Hypervisors will be an added advantage.
* Perform the daily operational tasks that are necessary to provide a stable and robust Exchange environment, including monitoring, proactive maintenance, and problem resolution.
* Provide on-call support for the messaging environment.
* Participate in weekend maintenance activities (such as mailbox moves, server reboots, patching, change management activities), as required.
* Participate in defined team projects and activities (such as new deployments, mailbox load balancing).
* Maintain & perform periodic testing of disaster recovery procedures for the MS Exchange 2007/ 2010 environment.
* Knowledge of DAG functionalities for High Availability is MUST.
* Maintain and administer third party applications including, but not limited to, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Archiving solutions and create appropriate documentation for application deployment, configuration, and related processes.
* Create and maintain appropriate documentation on the messaging environment.
* Assists in the day-to-day administrative functions and problem resolution related to the distributed server environment.
* Integrates and schematically depicts communication architectures, topologies, and hardware.
* Escalations handling.
* Coordination with Server managers/other teams
* Assume personal responsibility for resolving problems in most effective way possible within SLA reaching root cause and preventing problems.
* Adhere to all the account specific technical as well as general process / procedures
* Ensure the Service Requests and all pre-requisite checks are followed deligently.
* To able to perform in 24 x 7 Environment in shift roaster
Critical Skills Required
* Expert in troubleshooting WINDOWS SERVER 2003/2008/2008R2 in an Enterprise Environment.
* In depth Experience with Microsoft Server, WINS, WSUS, Active Directory, MS Exchange Etc.
* Sound knowledge on Exchange Server, AD Server and working knowledge on Blackberry server
* Domain, DNS & DHCP monitoring & management etc.
* Proven troubleshooting skills and ability to understand complex relationships between components of multi-tiered and distributed mail systems.
* Strong understanding of mail dependencies with AD, DNS, routing, relays, and emerging technologies around encryption, TLS, DK/DKIM, and SPF.
* Experience with load balancers/proxies such as IIS web technology with Microsoft ISA/CAS.
*Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills: ability to clearly and concisely articulate issues, alternatives, and recommendations.
*Experience in a user-focused technical-support environment.
*Sound working knowledge of MS Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010 (preferred 2010)
*Installation and Configuration of Exchange in complex environments with multiple AD domains and SMTP domains
*Knowledge of troubleshooting and management tools like esutil, exmerge, powershell, mailbox migration procedures
*Backup and Restore of Mailbox and mail retention policies
*Managing multiple SMTP domains in the same mail organization
*Message routing and message tracking
*End user support for configuring email clients – Outlook, mobile devices like iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, BES etc.
*Should be comfortable working in night shifts
*We do not provide pick & drops / Commuting to be managed on their own
*Very good communication skills as candidate would be interacting with US Client